8 Solutions launch FREE 20 Point Data Centre Environmental Health Check
A UK first for the data centre decontamination sector
8 Solutions, the UK’s leading data centre healthcare company specialising in the deep cleaning and decontamination of critical environments is launching the first FREE Data Centre Environmental Health Check at DatacenterDynamics at ICC, ExCeL in London on 30 November-1 December 2011.
Specialist deep cleaning improves the performance, power consumption and longevity of expensive IT equipment. Providing a holistic overview of the causes of contamination, 8 Solutions’ free 20 point Health Check service will involve a complete preventative maintenance review, identifying areas within the data centre that have the highest levels of contamination and then providing a full survey report with recommendations.
Carried out by the company’s senior team of highly trained and security cleared technicians, the 20 point Health Check falls into five key areas including:
- Data Centre Contamination Inspection (covering floor and ceiling voids, all surfaces, high levels, containment, racks and cabinets, and equipment externals).
- Environmental Integrity Inspection (including air flow flooring, fire walling and sub floor structure and sealing).
- General Inspection (encompasses service and plant areas, entry and exit points to the data centre and visual inspection for zinc whiskers).
- Air Contamination Testing (utilising specialist air particle count technology and measuring to ISO air cleanliness standards).
- Reports and Recommendations (covering best practice, ISO14644-1 compliance report, air particle report, survey report and finally recommendations from 8 Solutions).
8 Solutions services many of the world’s largest organisations, including the majority of the FTSE 100 in the UK and understands the importance of regular data centre cleaning and decontamination.
The company believes the new Health Check service will prove exceptionally useful to companies: “Unchecked contamination still remains a major issue in the data centre sector and has the potential to cause thousands of pounds of equipment damage and many times that in unplanned downtime. Despite the impact on power consumption, the risk of performance loss and the fact that OEM warranties have the potential to be invalidated without regular equipment cleaning many businesses are still leaving their data centre healthcare to chance.
“Companies invest millions of pounds in critical IT systems and unfortunately many only realise the risk and dangers of contamination when there is a serious failure within their data centre. In comparison to replacement equipment and the potential impact downtime can have on a business, the costs of a preventative cleaning and decontamination regime is minimal.
“This exciting new service has been launched to coincide with our new healthcare marketing campaign. It is aimed at identifying where potential contamination exists and then providing companies with recommendations for addressing problem areas before they cause costly downtime.
“As a gold sponsor, we chose DatacenterDynamics, the world’s largest peer-led data centre conference to launch this unique free service to the industry, demonstrating our commitment to working in partnership with companies on preventative data centre maintenance.”
To find out more about the free Environmental Health Check, visit 8 Solutions at DatacenterDynamics on Stand 22, or alternatively visit www.8solutions.com or telephone 0845 602 3075