Predictions for 2012
December 19, 2011
Data centre growth and risk mitigation will be key trends for 2012 according to 8 Solutions
The data centre sector is set to grow by a staggering 28% over the next five years, with data centre revenue across Europe increasing by 53% over the five year period to the end of 2016.
According to 8 Solutions, the UK’s leading data centre healthcare company specialising in the deep cleaning and decontamination of critical environments, 2012 will be a year of increased risk management programmes, with regular decontamination being a critical part of data centre risk mitigation.
8 Solution’s predictions for 2012:
- Significant increase in the number of data centres in the UK.
- Increased inclusion of deep cleaning regimes in corporate risk management programmes.
- Growing importance of data centre environment cleanliness in OEM warranty validations.
- Increased occurrences of down time due to contamination.
- Increased utilisation of ISO cleanliness standards as contamination management benchmark.
- Growing awareness of the impact and cost of contamination by insurance companies.
- Move to procuring Cleaning and Decontamination solutions on a managed service basis.
- The long awaited and much needed integration and co-operation between company’s FM and IT functions in the effective management of the data centre will start to gather pace.