Cable Entry Management
The ideal temperature for a data centre is 24.5 degrees Centigrade. Based on industry data, as well as measurements taken at multiple data centres, 50-80% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hotspots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. Blanking panels and KoldLok products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data centre cooling.
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
- Facilitates Hot and Cold Aisle best practices