Corporate Social Responsibility at 8 Solutions
CSR at 8 Solutions represents the company’s moral and social obligations to both its clients and the wider community. Its culture reflects the individual values the company stands for and how 8 Solutions puts these values into practice. These ensure 8 Solutions will:
- Meet regulatory and legislative requirements
- Improve relationships with people who are important to its business
- Manage the risks the company faces
- Spark innovation in its processes and services
- Always consider what recruitment, placement schemes or working practices will encourage greater diversity.
- Think about where the company advertises vacancies and how it can reach a wider pool of recruits.
- Talk to staff and find out what opportunities they see for promoting more diversity.
- Set relevant targets for adding to the range of people among its employees, suppliers or customers.
- Address any physical or practical barriers by considering what modifications might make it easier to accommodate e.g. disabled employees or working parents, such as the Access to Work programme.
- If barriers arise from attitudes and policies, the company considers who can help it to create a more positive framework and contribute to meeting its own targets.
- Understands the legal requirements for equal opportunities and non-discrimination.
- Are developing a policy towards equal opportunities, covering all elements of equality (sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, union membership and belief).
- Talk to staff about how things are working in practice and encourage them to raise any examples of unfairness or disadvantage.
- Bring recruitment, employment and training procedures into line with policy.
- Encourage applications from under-represented groups.
- Consider what changes such as flexible working will help people with particular needs.
- Train managers and employees on equal opportunities.
- Get commitment from the highest levels on health and safety and support others who want to take this further within the business.
- Identify potential hazards in the workplace, and where these risks exist identify how serious they might be and how likely they are to occur.
- Involve employees – they have a working perspective on problems and solutions.
- Are prepared to make changes in the way it works to reduce risks.
- Check regularly that 8 Solutions is complying with health and safety legislation.
- Make a regular place on the management agenda for issues concerning the health of its staff.
- Make sure everyone knows the arrangements on health and safety.
- Read our MSA Statement (pdf)
- Identifies the key resources used in its business and how much they cost
- Has made management responsible for resource management and savings
- Involves employees in identifying how to cut use of resources
- Consults similar businesses on the ways they save on energy
- Measures the savings and re-invest in efficiency projects
- Identify its key wastes
- Involves employees in identifying how to reduce waste and recycle, including buying recycled products
- Has a well established recycling and waste reduction programme
- Monitors savings and re-invest into more environmental initiatives
- Encourages volunteering among its employees.
- Identifies relevant community partners wanting volunteer support.
- Will manage the scheduling/timetables to help employees volunteer and help the community.
- Will monitor, review and support any volunteering programme.